Briefing Privacy Notice
Holyrood Communications Limited (“we” “our” or “us”), is responsible as data controller for the processing of personal data you provide when you register for the event described in the registration form (“the Event”). This Privacy Notice aims to inform you on the personal data processing we carry out and on your rights.
The personal data
By registering for the Event, you are providing us with your personal data and contact information as requested in the online registration form. In the case of group bookings, your personal data may be provided to us by a representative of your organisation on your behalf.
The data collected in the registration form includes:
- your name
- your job title
- your organisation
- your email address
Purpose of processing your personal data for the Event
We will use your personal data to hold the Event, and this will include to:
- register and facilitate your attendance at the Event
- analyse attendance at and any subsequent communications in relation to the Event
- to provide you with updates and details relating to the Event
- manage delegate, sponsor and customer contacts, queries, complaints or disputes
- take photographs and record videos of the Event, and to produce promotional material to advertise the Event and to promote future events
- handle any legal claims or regulatory proceedings and ensure legal and regulatory compliance
Legal basis of processing your personal data for the Event
The legal basis relied on by us for processing your personal data in relation to holding the Event, and promoting it, is out of necessity for the performance of a contract to which you are a party, which is your registration for the Event.
We may photograph or film some of the Event, which may feature group shots of event attendees. The legal basis relied on by us for processing your personal data in relation to taking photographs and recording videos of the Event is legitimate interests. The legitimate interests are in having a record of the Event and the means to promote the Event, including in future years.
To the extent that you provide, in the registration form or by subsequent email, special categories of data (including data revealing health or medical details), the legal basis for our processing such information is your consent and our purpose is to ensure your safety and wellbeing at the Event.
Where you provide us with any information on your dietary requirements in the online registration form you consent for us, the venue and/or the catering provider to process this information for the purpose of providing you with catering services.
Purpose of other processing
We will also use your personal data for marketing or other commercial purposes including to:
- provide you with updates relating to other conferences you might be interested in
- inform you about similar events we intend to hold in the future
- market certain goods or services which we believe will be of relevance or interest to you
- improve existing products and services and develop new products and services
- photograph and/or record the Event for business and promotional purposes
This may include contacting you from time to time by email, post or phone.
Legal basis for other processing
The legal basis relied on by us for communicating marketing to you is legitimate interests. Our legitimate interests are to promote its or third parties’ business and events that could interest you, and to monitor the effectiveness of promotional campaigns.
Sharing your personal data with third parties
At the Event, we may provide you with a QR code or barcode containing your personal data. You may consent to provide your QR code or barcode directly to event sponsors or other third parties at the event to be scanned, which will provide them with your personal data (including your contact information). This Privacy Notice does not cover how your data will be used by those sponsors or third parties, and you should consult the privacy notices of those organisations.
We may communicate your personal data to the venue, caterers and other subcontractors of the Event to help in the organisation of the Event.
A handbook containing your name, job title and organisation may be circulated to all the Event attendees.
We may provide your data to other companies within our group for the purposes set out above, including marketing purposes. Further information on how we hold and treat your data can be found at http://www.dodsgroup.com/privacy-policy
As your personal data will be stored on our IT infrastructure it will also be shared with our data processors who provide IT, email, document management, and storage services (including cloud hosting.
We keep your personal data for as long as it is necessary for our legitimate business and legal purposes.
Where we retain your information for events and contract fulfilment, we will retain for the period required by applicable law for legal, tax, and accounting purposes. This will be a minimum of six years.
Where we store your information for marketing purposes, we retain it for three years from your last engagement.
- You have the right to request information about how your personal data are processed, and to request a copy of that personal data
- you have the right to request that any inaccuracies in your personal data are rectified without delay
- you have the right to request that any incomplete personal data are completed, including by means of a supplementary statement
- you have the right to request that your personal data are erased if there is no longer a justification for them to be processed
- you have the right in certain circumstances (for example, where accuracy is contested) to request that the processing of your personal data is restricted
- you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data where processing is based on legitimate interests. Please see the unsubscribe link provided in our email marketing or contact us at the address below to object to any of our processing
- you have an absolute right to object to the processing of your personal data being used for direct marketing purposes, and to withdraw consent for third party advertising
- you have the right to request the transfer of your personal data that you have provided, and for it to be provided in a structured, commonly used machine-readable format
Please contact us at the addresses below if you would like to exercise any of these rights or have any queries regarding our use of your data.
We are part of the Dods Group. The Dods Group is a global business which means your personal data may be accessed by our group companies or certain service providers from locations outside the European Economic Area (EEA). To ensure your personal data is given substantially similar protection as are provided in the EEA we use safeguards approved by the European Commission and have in place international data transfer agreements between our companies and our service providers where data is transferred outside the EEA.
We are the data controller for your personal data. Our contact details are:
Holyrood Communications Limited (part of Dods Group Plc)
32 London Bridge Street
If you have any questions, comments, or requests regarding this Privacy Notice or our practices relating to use of your personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are committed to safeguarding and respecting your personal information and privacy. We are registered with the Information Commissioner with registration number Z9126038.
If you consider that your personal data has been misused or mishandled, you may make a complaint to the Information Commissioner, who is an independent regulator. The Information Commissioner can be contacted at:
Information Commissioner’s Office
T: 0303 123 1113