Social Media Communications: Engagement, Content and Innovation
This event will examine the latest in creating fresh, engaging content for your audience. From how to design and develop a successful social media strategy through to the right tools to measure success.
Social media has revolutionised how we communicate
Social media has changed the way we inform, engage and communicate with our audiences, and understanding this has become an essential skill for many organisations – so how can organisations ensure that their social media communications stand out and are successful?
Join your peers and colleagues to discuss, debate and discover how to create engaging content, as well as insights into developing a clear, sustainable and successful social media strategy. On 27 February, we’ll take an interactive and practical approach to these issues and, along with our experts, enable you to develop key skills to take back to your organisation.
Key issues we'll examine with you...
- Driving change through social media
- Understanding the benefits of and techniques for using different channels
- Planning, creating and delivering engaging content
- Using different forms of media – video, animations and creating live content
- Engaging with hard to reach and new audiences
- Saving money through digital transformation
- The good, the bad and the ugly of social media communication
- Gregor Urquhart, Head of Smarter and Fairer Marketing, Scottish Government (Chair)
- Dr Simone Kurtzke, Programme Lead - MSc Digital Marketing & Project Lead, The Digital Scot, Robert Gordon University
- Matt Borka, Digital Marketing and Branding Consultant
- Judith O'Leary, Managing Director, Represent Comms
- Dr Jaylan Azer, Lecturer in Marketing, Edinburgh Napier Business School
- Fiona Mcauliffe, Strategic Communications Manager - Year of Young People 2018, Scottish Government
09:30 Registration and Refreshments
10:00 Welcome and Introduction from Chair
Gregor Urquhart, Head of Smarter and Fairer Marketing, Scottish Government
10:05 Session 1: Understanding the Power of Social Media
10:05 Social Media Video on a Shoestring
- Stats, Trends & Strategy
- Video on a Small Budget
- Interactive Session
This session will be led Dr Simone Kurtzke, Programme Lead - MSc Digital Marketing & Project Lead, The Digital Scot, Robert Gordon University, and supported by Matt Borka, Digital Marketing and Branding Consultant. The session will run as follows...
- Brief intro to video marketing
- Creating video on a small budget
- Social media video trends in 2019
This will be followed by an interactive session led by Simone and Matt where you'll be challenged to create video content.
11:20 Refreshments and Networking
11:40 Session 2: New Social Media – The Key Opportunities and Challenges
11:40 Social media – the opportunities and the challenges
- The challenges of social media…and how to overcome them
- The opportunities of social media…and how you can grab them
- How to plan your social media
- What makes amazing social media
Judith O'Leary, Managing Director, Represent Comms
12:00 The Power of Today's Social Media: Customer's Influencer Value for Firms
- Customer’s influence in social networks
- Commercial opportunities and challenges
Dr Jaylan Azer, Lecturer in Marketing, Edinburgh Napier University
12:20 Questions and Discussion
13:40 Session 3: Social Media Campaigns
In this final session we will hear from three organisations who have utilised social media to raise awareness, engage with audiences and create sustainable and fresh content. We will use learning from throughout the event to inform the questions and discussion following the presentations.
Fiona Mcauliffe, Strategic Communications Manager - Year of Young People 2018, Scottish Government
14:40 Questions and Discussion
15:30 End of day
*Agenda is subject to change
Our events are CPD certified. This event is equivalent to 3 CPD points.
A certificate is available on request post-event to all attendees.