Scottish Politics Explained 2017
Never has the political landscape moved so quickly or events been so hard to predict. But if your organisation requires collective knowledge of how government works, what politicians do, how civil servants operate and how the legislative programme is formed and how you might extend influence in that process, then this event is for you.
Run over two days, Politics Explained 2017, will break into two main themes.
- On the 22nd March we will focus on The Scottish Parliament Explained
- On the 29th March we will focus on The Scottish Government Explained
Speakers are drawn from across politics, media, academia, private and third sectors and some will be known to you through their high profile public positions. They are all participating because they recognise the value of speaking directly to professional audiences and offering insights which will assist you, your business, and the wider community.
Key speakers include:
- Sir Peter Housden, Former Permanent Secretary, Scottish Government
- Mark Brough, Head of Legislation & Delegated Powers Team, Scottish Parliament
- Professor John Curtice, Professor of Politics, University of Strathclyde
- Susan Duffy, Head of Committees and Outreach, Scottish Parliament
- Professor Nicola McEwen, Professor of Territorial Politics; Associate Director, Centre on Constitutional Change
- James Hynd, Head of Cabinet, Parliament and Governance Division
- Michael Russell, MSP, Minister for the UK exiting the European Union
Places are transferable so if you wish to book a two-day pass and wish for a different colleague to attend each day then that is absolutely fine to do. Simply register one colleague for both days and email us the details of your other colleague.
The rates are as follows:
Charities and Third Sector: (Voluntary / charitable organisations with an annual income of less than £1m)
- One day: £149 + VAT
- Both days: £249 + VAT
Public Sector: (Central government departments and agencies, local authorities, universities, colleges, NHS, police, professional associations and voluntary / charitable organisations with an annual income over £1m)
- One day: £199 + VAT
- Both days: £299 + VAT
Private Sector:(Commercial organisations eg Plc, Ltd, LLP)
- One day: £299 + VAT
- Both days: £349 + VAT
For more information, including the agendas and full speaker line-up please visit the event homepage.