Never has the political landscape moved so quickly or events been so hard to predict. But if your organisation requires collective knowledge of how government works, what politicians do, how civil servants operate, how the legislative programme is formed, and how you might extend influence in that process, then this is the event for you.
Holyrood’s annual Politics Explained 2019 will look at how you can influence policy and get your organisation's voice heard by both Scottish Parliament and Government.
Join us as we examine the current political landscape in Scotland amid questions surrounding future referenda, the impact of the recent election result and the uncertainties of Brexit.
Our speakers are drawn from across politics, media, academia, private and third sectors, and some will be known to you through their high profile public positions. They are all participating because they recognise the value of speaking directly to professional audiences and offering insights which will assist you, your business, and the wider community.
Previous year's speakers have included:
- Mark Brough, Head of Legislation & Delegated Powers Team, Scottish Parliament
- Dougie Wands, Acting Lobbying Registrar, Scottish Parliament
- Robert McGeachy and Mark Ballard, Joint Authors, The Public Affairs Guide to Scotland
- Angela Haggerty, Editor, Common Space and Sunday Herald Columnist
- Gina Davidson, Communications Director, Scottish Labour
- Margaret Smith, Director, Caledonia Public Affairs
- Linda Fabiani MSP, SNP, Deputy Presiding Officer and former Minister for Europe, External Affairs and Culture
- Jackie Ballie MSP, Scottish Labour, former Minister for Social Justice in Labour/Liberal Democrat Scottish Executive
- Liam McArthur MSP, Liberal Democrat, former Special Advisor to the former Deputy First Minister, Jim Wallace in the Labour/Liberal Democrat Scottish Executive
- John Edward, Director, Scottish Council of Independent Schools (SCIS)
Join us on 28 March as we explore how you can influence the Scottish political landscape. More information, including the agendas and this year's speaker line-up please visit the event homepage.
Our events are CPD certified. This event is equivalent to 3 CPD points.
A certificate is available on request post-event to all attendees.