Knowing Your Networks: Strategies for Social Media Success
The world of social media and digital marketing is fast-paced and constantly evolving. It is vital to keep pace with the latest technology innovations in order to take advantage of the benefits that different platforms offer.
Consumer behaviour is also evolving and now more than ever organisations must understand how their target audience are using social media to communicate. This creates opportunities to foster authentic engagement and will drive benefits to the organisation and community stakeholders.
Join us at this training seminar to gain an understanding of social media platforms, who’s using them and why and learn how to use your networks to engage with people in a meaningful way.
This training is aimed towards communications and marketing professionals at all levels of experience from across public, private, and third sector organisations but is open to all who are interested.
Key Learning Outcomes:
*A certificate of attendance will be given to all attendees, which may be able to contribute towards CPD hours*
You will understand:
- The role social media can play in your communications
- How content marketing can help you achieve your objectives
- What social networks to focus on
- How to engage with your audience effectively across multiple platforms
You will be able to:
- Create a social media strategy for your organisation
- Measure the effectiveness of your social media activities
- Align your social media activities with organisational goals
Meet Your Trainer:
This training is led by social media marketing expert Alan Martin.
Alan is the Managing Director and founder of social media training and coaching company Chat Marketing.
With over 16 years’ marketing experience, he is in demand as a social media speaker and coach,
speaking at events alongside international brands including Harley Davidson, Volkswagen and Zappos.
Alan's background is in the industry itself as well as academia having previously worked for:
the Dundee Science Centre, VisitScotland and lectured at The University of Abertay, and Dundee & Angus College.
09:30 Registration and refreshments
10:00 Session 1: Establishing a Professional Presence on Social Media
- What social media channels should you be using?
- LinkedIn Profile optimisation and Company Pages
- Optimising your Facebook Business Page
- Twitter Profiles and etiquette
12:30 Lunch and networking
13:30 Session 2: Engaging with Users and Delivering Organisational Benefits
- How to engage with your customers online
- Content Marketing - what to share, when and how best to share it
- How to deal with customer comments and negative feedback
- Time saving and productivity tools
14:30 Social Media Return on Investment
- How to use social media to deliver business results
- How to measure social media effectiveness through analytics
- How to convert social media fans to business leads, donors, subscribers, customers etc
- How email marketing and social media work together
- How to use social media advertising effectively
15:45 Round-up and closing questions
16:00 Close of event
*Agenda is subject to change
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0131 285 1635