Improving Online Engagement: Measuring Impact and Performance
New communication channels have opened between organisations and public citizens thanks to increased connectivity, new technology and use of social media.
This can be both an opportunity and a challenge for organisations who actively engage and collaborate with audiences online.
Some level of organisation-wide change or 'digital transformation' is required to:
- Consult with online audiences
- Engage new communities
- Raise awareness of new schemes
- Digitise services
- Deal with user feedback
Many organisations also face pressing resource challenges, which means that digital engagement must be cost-effective, valuable and demonstrate measurable impacts.
Join us on the 26 October 2017 to improve your online engagement and learn more about measuring the performance and impact of your actions.
This course will provide marketers, PR professionals and senior managers with guidance on how to improve user engagement in more transparent and measurable ways.
08:45 Registration and Refreshments
09:30 Session 1
Identifying Key Audiences
- What is an audience segment?
- How can audience segments help us engage with service users?
- The pitfalls of engaging with ‘the public at large’
Targeting Key Audiences
- Locating audiences via social media
- Targeting audiences with social content
- Effective communication and the psychology of persuasion
- Incentivising user engagement
11:30 Refreshment Break
11:45 Session 2
Engaging With The Public
- Conversation management: how and when to join in
- How to join existing conversations
- Where audience data comes from (tools and resources)
- Measuring and evaluating audience engagement
- Measuring and evaluating social media
- Setting organisational Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
12:30 Networking Lunch
13:30 Session 3
- Exercise in how to bring together data to define an audience segment resulting in (a) collective view of who to target and how (b) how to measure audience engagement
Reflection and Feedback
- Five key Takeaways
Simon Heyes is an award winning blogger and current head of Social Media at 8 Million Stories with more than 12 years' of experience under his belt.
Simon has exceptional experience within the industry having led digital strategies for brands such as Starwood Hotels, Burts Bees and Skype.
He's also been in an international role since 2008, making him the ideal guy to help you get to grips with a strategy spanning several markets.
Specialising in Social Media, Outreach and linking it into the wider marketing mix, Simon's scooped several awards recognising his expert work.
In association with: