GDPR: The Future of Data Protection
GDPR will come into effect in the UK on the 25 of May 2018, regardless of Brexit. By this time organisations must be able to show how they are compliant with the regulations in order to avoid financial penalties and potential reputational damage.
The public sector in particular face key challenges with GDPR given the large volumes of personal data being held and managed and the increasing prevalence of multi-agency working and information sharing.
Preparing for GDPR will therefore require a significant amount of organisational time and resource with no time to be wasted. Although this may be burdensome it is an opportunity to take stock of existing practices and to put in place policies and procedures which deliver much needed accountability and transparency within data management.
Now is the time to consider how your organisation manages data and to drive necessary changes to ensure long-term compliance with GDPR and effective use of organisational resources.
Join us at Holyrood Connect’s GDPR: The Future of Data Protection event to hear from an exciting speaker line-up who will brief delegates on the latest developments surrounding GDPR before this comes into effect. At the heart of this event we consider what steps organisations must take to deliver accountability and transparent data protection under GDPR and provide you with the tools needed to prepare.
For more information please visit the event homepage.
Why you should attend
- Ensure you are up-to-date with the latest developments surrounding the upcoming GDPR regulations
- Understand the full implications of the GDPR for your organisation including issues of accountability, privacy, consent and multi-agency working and information sharing
- Consider vital steps needed to ensure compliance with GDPR regulations including effective data mapping and auditing, dealing with new rights for individuals and managing organisational change
- Explore issues around data protection and cyber resilience and participate in exercises to test your readiness to deal with GDPR in practice
Who should attend
This event is open to anyone with an interest in or a responsibility to comply with the new GDPR regulations, including:
- Chief Information Officers
- Information Governance Teams
- IT Managers
- Risk and Compliance Officers
- Data Protection Officers
- Privacy Managers
- Heads of Legal Services
- Risk Managers
- HR Teams