Early Learning and Childcare Expansion: Infrastructure and Business Models
This is the first in a series of two events that focus on the 2020 expansion of early learning and childcare (ELC). At this event we will focus on infrastructure challenges, difficulties around the Space to Grow initiative, and the challenge for private and third sector providers to develop sustainable business models for covering unfunded hours.
Innovative solutions to infrastructure challenges
“An ambitious and challenging transformation programme” – Maree Todd MSP, Minister for Children and Young People
Delivering ELC expansion is key to achieving the Scottish Government’s primary priority of tackling the attainment gap. It is happening and it is positive, but we need to make it work in practice.
There are issues with developing the expanded infrastructure, with some local authorities seeking to work closely with the private sector, while others are only willing to invest in council-run nurseries.
This event is an opportunity for delegates to hear from expert speakers who will present innovative business models and interesting perspectives on developing the necessary infrastructure, inspiring you and provoking the conversations that matter. You will also have the chance to add your voice to the discussion in our interactive roundtable session as we examine how to deliver the ELC expansion.
Join us to learn from experts across the ELC sector as we consider how to deliver on this ambitious and challenging transformation programme.
Why come to this event?
- Learn from outstanding experts from across the ELC sector
- Your chance to question the people that matter
- Join the conversation in an interactive roundtable discussion
- Meet other people involved in ELC and share innovative practice, including how to develop sustainable business models for covering unfunded hours
Who should attend
- Nursery managers/providers
- Local authority professionals working with children and young people
- Elected representatives with an interest in education
- Academics interested in early years
- Professionals interested in early learning and childcare
09:45 Registration and Refreshments
10:30 Welcome and Introduction by the Chair
10:35 Session 1: Developing the ELC Infrastructure
- Collaboration between public, private, and third sectors
- The Space to Grow Initiative
- Deliverable timeframe?
10:35 Expert Speaker
11.00 Expert Speaker
11:35 Refreshments and Networking
12.00 Session 2: Sustainable Business Models
12.00 Expert Speaker
12.35 Interactive Roundtable Discussion
13.15 Lunch and Networking
14:15 Session 3: Innovative Approaches from Across Scotland
14.15 Expert Speaker
14:40 Expert Speaker
15.15 Chair’s Closing Remarks
15:30 Close of Event
*Agenda is subject to change
Delegate rates (excluding VAT):
- Reduced rate: 1 place £145 + VATpp (Voluntary/charitable organisations with an annual income of less than £1m)
- Standard rate: 1 place £245 + VAT | 2+ places £195 + VAT per place (Central government departments and agencies, local authorities, universities, colleges, NHS, police, professional associations and voluntary/charitable organisations with an annual income over £1m)
- Private Sector rate: 1 place £295 + VAT | 2+ places £245 + VAT per place (Commercial organisations e.g. plc, Ltd, LLP)
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0131 285 1635