Developing Scotland's Regional Economic Partnerships
This event is a timely opportunity for delegates to discuss the next steps for developing Scotland’s regional economies and promoting inclusive economic growth.
Building Scotland’s regional economies
Growing out of the City Deal process, Regional Economic Partnerships have been identified by the Scottish Government as the preferred vehicle for developing Scotland’s regional economies.
Aimed at bringing together local and national government, higher education and the private sector, Regional Economic Partnerships will seek to drive inclusive growth, identified as a key priority within the Scottish Government’s Economic Strategy.
Join Holyrood on 26 February for this timely opportunity to hear the latest thinking on Regional Economic Partnerships, exchange ideas, and share good practice on promoting inclusive growth.
Key issues we will address with you
- Up-to-date briefing and scrutiny of existing City Region and Regional Growth Deals
- Latest thinking on the importance of inclusive growth
- Key policy priorities for developing Regional Economic Partnerships
- Share good practice on how inclusive growth can be created and measured at a regional level
Who should attend
- Scottish Government
- UK Government
- Local Authorities
- Community Planning Partnerships
- Enterprise agencies
- Skills agencies
- FE and HE institutions
- Private sector bodies including Chambers of Commerce, CBI, Institute of Directors and Business Improvement Districts
10:15 Registration and Morning Refreshments
11:00 Welcome and Introduction by the Chair
Colin Mair, former Chief Executive, Improvement Service
Session 1: Building Scotland’s Regional Economic Partnerships
- Key issues for designing Regional Economic Partnerships
- Exchanging best practice on regional economic partnerships from Scotland and beyond
- Learning from the City Deal process
- Presentations from key stakeholder groups including local government, and private sector
11:05 The Private Sector's Role in Regional Economic Development
Jennifer Craw, Chief Executive, Opportunity North East
11.30 Glasgow: From City Deal to City Region
Kevin Rush, Director of Regional Economic Growth, Glasgow City Council
11:55 Interactive Roundtable Session
12:50 Lunch and Networking
Session 2: Delivering regional inclusive growth
- Monitoring and measuring inclusive growth
- Developing local economic networks
- The wider vision for Scotland's regional economies
13:35 Elaine Morrison, Head of Regional Partnerships, Scottish Enterprise
13:55 Measuring Inclusive Growth
Julie McLachlan, Policy Manager - Economic Growth, North Ayrshire Council
14:15 REPs and the wider future of Scotland's Regional Economies
Ross Martin, Advisor on Regional Economies, Scottish Government
14:35 Interactive Roundtable Session
15:25 Colin Mair, former Chief Executive, Improvement Service
15:30 Close of Event
*Agenda subject to change
Our events are CPD certified. This event is equivalent to 3 CPD points.
A certificate is available on request post-event to all attendees.