Effective Contract Management: Preparation, Principles and Practice
This briefing will examine how organisations can best manage the life-cycle of contracts to improve financial and operational performance.
Creating value and driving improved performance through contract management
- Britain spent £251.5 billion pounds, or a third of total government spend, through external suppliers, according to National Audit Office estimates.
- Public sector spending on goods and services across Scotland amounts to around £11 billion per year. Source: Scottish Government
Effective contract management is a key process which reduces inefficiencies and creates value for an organisation.
Recent high-profile outsourcing failures have illustrated the fundamental importance of good contract management in enabling organisations to deliver their financial and operational objectives.
Attend this Holyrood briefing to get an up-to-date brief on how your organisation can improve its procurement processes, relationship management and performance.
Key issues we’ll examine with you
- The latest developments in procurement and contract models
- Effective contract management principles, techniques and how to apply them in your setting
- Examples of successful and innovative contract management practice, across sectors
Who will benefit from attending?
Attendees will be drawn from (but not limited to): procurement, finance, legal, operations, construction, asset and facilities management, service commissioning and provision.
09:15 Registration and Refreshments
10:00 Welcome and Introduction by the Chair
10:05 Session 1: Getting Contract Management Right
- Overview of modern procurement and supply management options
- Up-to-date brief on the market environment, risk and how to navigate it successfully
- Improving procurement knowledge, decision making, processes and efficiencies
- Costs and benefits of the different approaches in contracts
- Learning lessons from past experiences gone wrong
11:05 Questions and Discussion
11:30 Refreshments and Networking
11:50 Session 2: Improving Your Approach and Processes
- Building prudence into preparation and frameworks from the outset
- Being proactive in contract management
- Developing strategic processes – continually monitoring and evaluating contracts
- Managing supplier relationships to drive improved performance
12:30 Questions and Discussion
12:50 Lunch and Networking
13:30 Session 3: Good Practice in Managing Contracts
- A series of inputs will share learning and insights from organisations, across sectors, who are creating value and driving improved performance through good contract management
14:30 Questions and Discussion
14:55 Summary by the Chair
15:00 Close of Event
*Agenda subject to change
Central Edinburgh, venue to be confirmed in due course.
Delegate rates (excluding VAT):
- Reduced rate: 1 place £145 + VAT (Voluntary / charitable organisations with an annual income of less than £1m)
- Standard rate: 1 place £245 + VAT | 2+ places £195 + VAT (Central government departments and agencies, local authorities, universities, colleges, NHS, police, housing associations, professional associations and voluntary / charitable organisations with an annual income over £1m)
- Private Sector rate: 1 place £295 + VAT | 2+ places £245 + VAT (Commercial organisations e.g. plc, Ltd, LLP)
For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0131 285 1635