The powers that be
In the 14 years since devolution, it is not the building that has made the Scottish Parliament, says its chief executive, but the people that have served in it
Scotland’s first Deputy First Minister reflects on how the parties worked together in the early days of devolution
Limits of power
For those hoping for a grown-up Parliament, Holyrood has failed the test, says Jim Sillars
- Pages of history
- When the idea of launching a magazine to chart the progress of devolution was floated, the site of the new parliament was still to be decided. ...
- Local life
- Devolution has changed the delicate relationship between central and local government
- Labour minister raised concerns with tuition fee report author
- Cubie warned endowment proposals would cause 'difficulties' for Westminster government
- Universally acknowledged
- A new campaign is calling for a statutory commitment to a universal health visiting service
- Green Shoots
- Devolution has helped green issues move up the agenda – but has the pace of change been fast enough?