- Denise McDonagh - Director, Director of G-Cloud and Home Office IT
- Peter Clark - Chief Technology Officer, Isle of Man Government
- Dr Simon Rice - Principal Policy Advisor (Technology), Information Commissioner’s Office.
- Raymond O’Hare -Director, OCS Solutions
- Tonino Ciuffini - Head of Information Assets, Warwickshire County Council
- Prof. Bill Buchanan - School of Computing, Edinburgh Napier University
The conference will also include interactive workshops with leading thinkers from industry, academia, the media and public sectors. The morning session will be dedicated to exploring examples of cloud implementation within local government by those involved, and will include a panel discussion and Q&A.
- Mark Stephen - Journalist and Broadcaster
- Colin Proctor - Accommodation Director, Scottish Futures Trust
- Colin Mair - Chief Executive, Improvement Service
- Andy Young - Head of Asset Management, Glasgow City Council
- Bettina Sizeland - Head of Asset Management, Health Finance Directorate, The Scottish Government
- Mr Kris Moodley - Senior Lecturer, School of Civil Engineering, University of Leeds Trevor Warne - Head of Property
- Rachel White - Manager, Westminster Sustainable Solutions
This conference will look at what local authorities and the wider public sector is doing to deliver effective savings and how cooperation between authorities can work to mutual benefit. This conference is an opportunity to engage with key policy makers, discuss the latest analysis and initiate new approaches to asset management.
- Rt Hon Henry McLeish - Former First Minister of Scotland
- Professor Graham Donaldson - Leader of the Review of Teacher Education in Scotland
- Glenn Rodger - Co Chair,Teaching Scotland’s Future National Partnership Group
- Graeme Logan - HM Inspector of Education (Teacher Education), Education Scotland
- Anthony Finn – Chief Executive, General Teaching Council Scotland
- Professor Tara Fenwick - Professor of Professional Education, University of Stirling
- Ken Cunningham - General Secretary, School Leaders Scotland
This one day event will take stock of the changes facing teacher education in Scotland, exploring what they mean for practitioners, how they are to be implemented and the impact on both the education system and educational outcomes across the country.
- Tam Baillie - Scotland’s Commissioner for Children and Young People
- Alan Miller - Chair, Scottish Human Rights Commission
- Bill Alexander - Director of Health & Social Care, Highland Council
- Susan Elsley - Independent Policy Analyst and Senior Research Fellow, CRFR, University of Edinburgh
This Holyrood event will provide an opportunity to discuss the reforms in this sector, as well as the development of the Children & Young Persons Bill with an inter and cross disciplinary audience. As the results of the consultation are compiled, it will create a platform to discuss intentions and aspirations for reform of public services, as well as how we take forward what has been proven to work in improving the experiences and outcomes of children and their families across Scotland.
- Mike Neilson - Digital Director for the Scottish Government
- Dave Carter - Head, Manchester Digital Development Agency
- Andrew Unsworth - Digital Workstream Lead, Scottish Cities Alliance, Scottish Council for Development & Industry
- Scott Cain - Future Cities Project Leader, Technology Strategy Board
- Vivienne Cockburn - Associate Director Infrastructure, Scottish Futures Trust
- Prof. Duncan Maclennan - Professor of Geography and Sustainable Development, University of St Andrews
Holyrood’s Smarter Cities 2012 is bringing together leading thinkers, practitioners and industry leaders to discuss the Smart City agenda, and how it might meet the complex challenges facing Scotland’s cities.
For a full list of our upcoming conferences: www.conferences.holyrood.com